Sat, 20 Feb|
Wherever you are!
#OrlasPick - A clean up job inspired by my 5 year old niece!
Love your local area, get outdoors and clean up your corner of the world!
Time & Location
20 Feb 2021, 09:00 GMT – 21 Feb 2021, 17:00 GMT
Wherever you are!
About the event
Find out more about the event and register your interest/going: https://fb.me/e/1fbSBasPr
For anyone not on Facebook, check out all of the relevant info here:
Bag some rubbish this Valentine’s!
An event which started when my 5 year old niece asked if I would take her on a litter pick. Well what Orla wants Orla gets and it got me wondering if other people may want to join in too (either on their own or with family, pets, etc.)-wherever they are! The idea is really simple-you get outdoors, clean up your corner of the earth and assume total bragging rights by posting a wee pic about it to let people know, using the hashtag #OrlasPick
First and foremost this is just a bit of fun but as a bit of “positive activism” I’ll also be collecting some survey data and if I get enough response I’ll approach appropriate councils with people’s concerns around littering in their area. You can complete this survey whether you will take part in the event at the weekend or not!
Key things to remember:
- please ensure than ALL picks are conducted within COVID-19 guidelines. Check out the guidelines in your specific area. E.g I will take part with Orla and I maximum of 1 other adult . Face masks, sanitiser, disinfectant wipes recommended.
- Litter picks recommended but not essential. You may be able to borrow some or purchase if you think it’s something you would do again. I have a small number of children’s ones which I could socially distanced drop off if in my area of Bathgate. Message me direct if you would like one. Gloves recommended.
- do NOT pick up anything dangerous or sharp and if you like request that this be dealt with by your local council (online forms and phone numbers online).
- please ensure that you dispose on the litter correctly and safely, recycling where possible. (I’ll also share some more info about this)
- share your pics with the hashtag #OrlasPick and tag me on Insta @auntie_lainey1 , post on this event or post comments on my blog page auntielainey.com I will put a blog for the event and share the link ASAP! You can share how much you collect-bags, Kgs, etc or just cool things you find
- the beauty of being online is anyone in the world can join in so spread the word
- have fun! I’ll share some ideas for litter pick scavenger hunts, 30 minute picking challenges, plogging (check this out here: https://youtu.be/v0c8xMAd3eA). Feel free to post anything cool you see/would like to do.
For anyone interested in why people litter and the various theories around this there's a virtural event online with a speaker from Keep Scotland Beautiful: https://fb.me/e/Eozo7TJ9
So all you need to do is click going/interested and get your household/bubble (max 2 adults) together and do something fun and different next weekend and feel good about it in the process. Spread the word if you can too!